Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Tofino

Jer's surfboards were getting dusty in storage so we headed out to Tofino last week, a surf spot on the west coast of Vancouver Island.  We made it after an hour and 45 minute ferry ride and 3 hour drive.  It was absolutely beautiful but FA-REEZING!  I guess I'm accustomed to going to the beach in bathing suits and maybe a sweatshirt but kids were playing in the water in full wetsuits, booties, and beanies (or touks, as they say up here).  When it wasn't raining, the kids and I braved the beach in our winter coats and snowsuits while Jer surfed in his 5/3 wetsuit, booties, and hood.  Definitely a different "beach experience" for me but we had a great time and I hope we get to go back sometime.







Keeping the kids quiet one morning with granola bars trying not to wake up our condo-mates



Molly has started taking some pics...the view from her stroller

A walk on the bog with Chris, Matt, Owen, Gracie, Christina, & Kelly

Movie & popcorn time




On the ferry home...we were literally the last car on the boat



Vancouver from the water

No comments:

Post a Comment